1. Learn French. Enough to get by for a whole day without using English once.
Attempted. downloaded French vocab app to my tablet, have managed at least a few sessons.
2. Write a novel. Not a short story or novella, a full on novel.
Dug out one of my old ideas. Its more a setting than a plot right now, but I’ve decided to start actually working it into a fixed and structured plot. Again, withe the French problem - focus and time.
3. Learn to play more than one song on guitar. And not awfully like I can do with Like A Rolling Stone.
Hah. No. At least I brought the damn guitar down to my apartment.
4. Learn to dance.
Oh so similarly unattempted.
5. Take at least one holiday where I risk sunburn
Achieved! Dubrovnik in April-May. Hardly the Sahara, but still summer by Irish standards.
6. Learn a completely new skill or talent
Babysteps worth of terminal. Learned how to break a unix machine with one line of code and sufficient time for said code line to self-reproduce into itself endlessly. Unix coding fun.
7. Write a movie script.
Eh… kinda. Assisting on one, but not actually writing anything yet.
8. Complete on average 1 t-shirt design a month.
Not one done. So 6 behind schedule. The upside is I have 6 ideas so given time and motivation, I might catch up.
9. Write / design / produce an RPG
Nah… That said, do have a nice new idea for something for Gaelcon, maybe worth spinning out into something more.
10. Record and publish 12 episodes of the Curmudgeon Show
Attempted to record several times. none useable. Maybe its time to think about a better end product. Perhaps the ramblings of 3 incoherent hairballs is not enough to justify a podcast.
11. Finish 12 computer games.
Unless Angry Birds and replaying Mass Effect 1,2 and 3 counts, not event started.
12. Brew a beer. Possibly DishonoraBru.
Not even started. Right now, don’t have the space in my apartment. Might hire a friend to make it.
13. Design stuff for girlfriend
Attempted, and in progress. First logo draft done.
So, 1 done. Around 6 attempted. It’s a start.